We have a pot-luck dinner at church tonight. I’m taking Presbyterian Chicken.
It’s pretty good, even if you don’t happen to be Presbyterian.
- 4 whole chicken breasts. Split. Boneless. (We also do skinless, but that’s up to you.)
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8oz Sour Cream
- 1 tube Ritz Crackers
- 1 stick Butter
Preheat oven to 350°. Then:
- Divide each ½-breast into thirds (you’re starting with 4 whole, divided by 2 halves is 8 half-breasts, so you end up with 24 pieces) and arrange them in a 9×12 glass baking dish
- Melt the butter.
- Mix Cream of Chicken Soup and Sour Cream in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, crush the crackers and then mix in the melted butter.
- Pour Soup/Sour Cream mix over the chicken pieces to cover
- Sprinkle buttered crackers over top
- Cover and bake for 50 min to 1 hr.
Serves 12 if you give everyone 2 pieces (or 24 if you’re taking it to a pot-luck or party at the neighbors’ house — you have 24 pieces, you do the math).
Easy peasy. Enjoy.